The Outreach Team comprises of teachers and support workers who specialise in meeting the needs of children and young people who have social, emotional and mental health issues. We work across Southend Borough in both primary and secondary settings and are accessed by a simple referral process.
Victory Park Academy Outreach offers:
- Intensive support specific to identified needs.
- Observations of pupils in class/playground settings.
- Initial assessment meetings with key professionals, class teachers, SENCOs and Head Teachers to discuss pupils’ needs.
- One to one support, group/pair work, observation advice and staff support.
- Reports to schools, following outreach visit including, for example, actions/recommendations for the school. Strategies relating to agreed targets.
- Support with behaviour management strategies including feedback, modelling good practice, and LSA support.
- Specialist support for NQTs.
- Priority given to children at risk of permanent exclusion, pupils with a history of exclusions and LAC pupils.
- Bespoke whole school, leadership, SENCO or LSA training developed in partnership with the school to meet needs.
- Re-integration of pupils into mainstream settings.
- Transition support.
- Managed Move support and advice.
- Fair Access Panel representation and support for schools and pupils placed via FAP.
Range of work covered:
Staff support/ training, Social skills, Anger management, Emotional literacy/Recognising emotions, Friendship skills, Bullying, Transition, Disruptive behaviour, Self-esteem, Concentration skills, Listening skills, Accepting consequences and responsibilities, Verbal abuse – use of language, Threatening/violent behaviour to staff/peers, Sexualised behaviour, Racist behaviour, Mental health issues, Gang involvement, Advice and support regarding a range of diagnosed conditions e.g. ADHD, ODD etc.
If you wish to contact this service for a referral form or to discuss an individual case please contact the Tracy Jones (Outreach Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org